Wood Surfaces Cleaning and Care Instructions
Note: Always wipe with the grain.
– Dust with a damp, soft cloth and dry the surface completely.
– If needed, clean with a small amount of non-alkaline dish soap in warm water. Avoid waxes, solvents, ammonia, and other chemicals.
– Frequent polishing is not recommended. If needed, use a no-wax liquid polish on a soft cloth. Immediately buff surface until dry. Before re-polishing, eliminate existing polish with a wax remover. If not removed, surface could appear streaky.
– Immediately blot any liquids from the surface.
– Avoid extreme heat, cold, or wide humidity variances. Prolonged sunlight could affect the color of the wood beneath the finish.
– Use a desk pad to protect furniture from possible damage caused by pens and sharp objects.
– If using a protective glass top, place felt or cork spacers under the glass to allow the wood to breathe.
– Prolonged contact wtih plastic, vinyl, or rubber items may cause deterioration of the finish due to a chemical reaction. Place felt pads under these items to protect the wood surface.
Laminate, Painted, and Metal Surfaces Cleaning and Care Instructions
– Clean with a mild soap solution.
– Avoid extreme heat, cold, or wide humidity variances.
Markerboard and Writable Glass Cleaning and Care Instructions
Cleaning and Care Instructions
– Use Expo or Expo2 dry erase markers. Other low odor markers may leave undesirable results when erased. Do not use permanent or non-dry erase markers.
– Use dry erase erasers, not chalk board erasers. Replace erasers when heavily soiled.
– Clean surface with Expo markerboard cleaner. Residue from other types of cleaners may cause markers to smear when erased.
Glass Cleaning Instructions
– Use citrus, vinegar, or ammonia based cleansers.
– Use ONLY citrus, or vinegar based cleansers. Do not use ammonia based cleansers.
Fabric Cleaning and Care Instructions
Common Spills and Suggested Clean Up
- (W) Use water-based cleaning solutions (Resolve™ Upholstery Cleaner, or mix 2 tbsp of ammonia or ammoniated detergent, such as Ajax® liquid, to 1 qt of water). Blot the stain gently with a cloth dampened in this solution. Continue turning the cloth to always use a clean portion.
- (S) Use mild, pure, water-free dry cleaning solvents (Energine® or Carbona®). Wet a cloth with the spot cleaner and follow the procedure described above. Cleaning by a professional furniture service is recommended.
Note: Always brush fabric before cleaning to remove excess dirt and dust. A small area should be tested prior to general cleaning.
–Treat with cold water and table salt mixture (2 tbsp salt to 1 qt of water). Rinse and blot with a towel. If stain persists, use diluted ammonia.
Candle Wax (S)
–Gently scrape away surface wax with spatula or dull knife. Cover the wax with several layers of paper towel and apply a warm iron.
Chewing Gum (S)
–Freeze with ice. Remove with spatula or dull knife.
Chocolate or Coffee
–Sponge with lukewarm water.
Fruit Juice or Berry Stains
–Treat with cold water.
Grease, Cooking Oil, Bacon Fat, etc. (S)
Ink or Markers (W)
–Use rubbing alcohol.
–Lift away pieces that can be removed with a spatula or dull knife. Let dry, then vacuum. If stain persists, clean with a cloth dampened with ammonia-water solution.
Pencil Lead or Rubber Cement (S)
Perspiration, Mucilage, Urine (W)
–Treat with cold water and unseasoned meat tenderizer. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse, let dry, then vacuum.