Fabric Cleaning and Care Instructions
Common Spills and Suggested Clean Up
- (W) Use water-based cleaning solutions (Resolve™ Upholstery Cleaner, or mix 2 tbsp of ammonia or ammoniated detergent, such as Ajax® liquid, to 1 qt of water). Blot the stain gently with a cloth dampened in this solution. Continue turning the cloth to always use a clean portion.
- (S) Use mild, pure, water-free dry cleaning solvents (Energine® or Carbona®). Wet a cloth with the spot cleaner and follow the procedure described above. Cleaning by a professional furniture service is recommended.
Note: Always brush fabric before cleaning to remove excess dirt and dust. A small area should be tested prior to general cleaning.
–Treat with cold water and table salt mixture (2 tbsp salt to 1 qt of water). Rinse and blot with a towel. If stain persists, use diluted ammonia.
Candle Wax (S)
–Gently scrape away surface wax with spatula or dull knife. Cover the wax with several layers of paper towel and apply a warm iron.
Chewing Gum (S)
–Freeze with ice. Remove with spatula or dull knife.
Chocolate or Coffee
–Sponge with lukewarm water.
Fruit Juice or Berry Stains
–Treat with cold water.
Grease, Cooking Oil, Bacon Fat, etc. (S)
Ink or Markers (W)
–Use rubbing alcohol.
–Lift away pieces that can be removed with a spatula or dull knife. Let dry, then vacuum. If stain persists, clean with a cloth dampened with ammonia-water solution.
Pencil Lead or Rubber Cement (S)
Perspiration, Mucilage, Urine (W)
–Treat with cold water and unseasoned meat tenderizer. Let sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse, let dry, then vacuum.
Wood Surfaces Cleaning and Care Instructions
Note: Always wipe with the grain.
– Dust with a damp, soft cloth and dry the surface completely.
– If needed, clean with a small amount of non-alkaline dish soap in warm water. Avoid waxes, solvents, ammonia, and other chemicals.
– Frequent polishing is not recommended. If needed, use a no-wax liquid polish on a soft cloth. Immediately buff surface until dry. Before re-polishing, eliminate existing polish with a wax remover. If not removed, surface could appear streaky.
– Immediately blot any liquids.
– Avoid extreme heat, cold, or wide humidity variances. Prolonged sunlight could affect the color of the wood beneath the finish.
Polyurethane, Painted, and Metal Surfaces Cleaning and Care Instructions
– Clean with a mild soap solution.
– Avoid extreme heat, cold, or wide humidity variances.