Kimball International, Inc. (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) sincerely appreciates your trust and confidence in our goods and services.
The privacy and security of the information collected from you is a priority to us. It is equally important to us that you understand how we handle the information.
as outlined below and as it may be modified by us from time to time without prior notice. If you do not agree to all of these terms, please do not browse or use this website.
Collection of Information
The information we collect depends upon your relationship with us and what you do when visiting our website.
We collect information through our website on visitors and actual and potential employees, employee family members, customers, vendors, contractors, and others
who have or are seeking a relationship with Kimball. For visitors to our website, we may require you to provide specific information about yourself when you
engage in certain activities. Such information will generally include your name, User ID, phone number, e-mail address, mailing and/or billing address, and credit card related information.
Although it is optional for you to disclose the requested information, you must do so in order to engage in certain activities on our website or maintain a relationship with us.
To conduct business and comply with government regulations (employment, tax, insurance, etc,) we may collect additional personal information, particularly
on potential and actual employees, such as government identification numbers (ex. social security numbers, tax payer ID's, drivers license, etc.),
date of birth, gender, race, ethnicity, health and disability information, family-related information (ex. marital status, personal and health-related
If you send information to Kimball you explicitly consent to storage, destruction, processing, disclosure, and/or any other use of your information by Kimball or its third party service providers.
We may also acquire certain information about you from a "cookie" and from your IP/Internet address.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer's hard drive and allow us to serve you faster and with better quality.
Use of the information we collect
We may use your information as follows:
- to identify you personally
- to communicate with you
- to provide you with smooth, efficient, customized services
- to provide you with better customer support
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts
- to analyze your usage of our website
- to comply with human resource requirements
- to provide employee benefits (compensation, health, insurance, etc.)
Disclosure of Information
We promise that we will not disclose, sell or otherwise distribute to any third party any of your personally identifiable information without your prior consent except under the following circumstances:
- Legal requests and investigations – We may disclose any information about you when, in our opinion, such disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud or to comply with any statute, law, rule or regulation of any governmental authority or any order of any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Third-party service providers – We may, from time to time, outsource some or all of the operations of our business to third-party service providers. In such cases, it will be necessary for us to disclose your information to those service providers. In some cases, the service providers may collect information directly from you on our behalf. We restrict how such service providers may access, use and disclose your information.
- Agents – We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, providing customer service, processing employee compensation, providing employee benefits, and performing legal or other professional services. These agents have access to your information needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers - As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy policies (unless, of course, the person consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Kimball or all of its assets are acquired, your information may be one of the transferred assets.
Updating your personal information
Although you may change your information on our website, we may maintain such prior information about you.
Therefore, you should not expect that all of your historical information will be removed from our databases at the time you notify us of changes.
To access, change, remove, or opt out of further use of our web-based applications, please login to the specific application(s) you have
utilized (i.e., career opportunities, dealer sites). If you have trouble locating the application(s) you previously used you may notify us via email at Privacy@Kimball.com.
Security of your personal information
We employ reasonable security measures and technologies, such as password protection, encryption, firewalls and other controls to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information.
However, you should be aware that no data transmission can be 100% guaranteed, and our security measures do not protect your information once it leaves our web server's control.
Also, since our website may contain links to third-party sites that we do not control, we assume no responsibility whatsoever with respect to those sites.
You should read and accept the privacy policies of all such sites before accessing them.
Parents and children
Children (persons under age 18) are not eligible to use our services.
If you are a parent or guardian, please make every effort to guard your children's privacy. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send us any information about yourself.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to change, supplement, or amend this notice at any time; in such case, this will be notified through our website and/or any other methods permitted by applicable law.
when sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid or commercial overnight carrier, with written verification of receipt.
Kimball International, Inc.
1600 Royal Street
Jasper, IN 47549-1001